Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"pigs are filthy creatures..."

SUITE

Even when I'm living at home and not a hotel, the truth is that I'm still far away from a lot of people I love. One of these is my brother, Tony. Aside from being an incredibly funny person, he's the smartest kid I have ever met. An animal nutrition major at Texas A&M, he generally prefers to work with cattle... and has his opinions on just all other livestock. During a conversation at work in the tornado shelter, my coworkers and I got to wondering why humans are so partial to cow  milk. Why not pig milk, I wondered? I found out.


He's not biased...
PLAY

I had been looking forward to last weekend for the past few months- my favorite band, Coheed and Cambria, is playing an insane tour called Neverender, and was playing a weekend date in Dallas, TX. No opening bands, no unfamiliar songs- just their first album, in its entirety, as well as some extras and an entire acoustic set. This was my 8th time seeing the band, and was definitely one of my favorite shows. Not to mention, I got to go with my good friend Colin- we actually went to our first show together almost 5 years ago. Next weekend- a trip to see Mrs. Amy Gougler (and JP and Maggie) in Pittsburgh!


"And she screamed, 'Claudio...' "

GRUB

Kudos to P.F. Chang's. I've always loved the restaurant, and since adopting a plant-based diet, I appreciate it even more (kind of like Panera Bread). Now I realize that nothing I have ever eaten there is really Chinese, but I really don't care- it's still delicious. Amber and I went during their happy hour last week (happy fact- vodka is vegan!), and I had yummy meal of edamame, brown rice and my favorite, Shanghai cucumbers, for around $10. Amazing.

Sooooo much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment